- 개인정보 정책
TDK Personal Information Protection Basic Policy
- TDK Corporation (hereinafter, the “Company”) agrees to act in compliance with the Act Concerning Protection of Personal Information, related legislation and regulations and any other pertinent rules pertaining to the acquisition, use, custody or supply of personal information.
- The Company shall strive for sustained improvements and progress in its approaches to personal information protection.
- The Company shall promote education and enlightenment for all officers, full-time employees, non-regular employees, contract employees, part-time workers, temporary workers and dispatched employees, to gain their understanding of the importance of personal information protection and ensure proper handling of such personal information upon all occasions.
- The Company shall strive to prevent illicit access, leakage, loss or damage to personal information, and rectify the ramifications of such events.
- Upon the acquistion of personal information from individuals, the Company shall clarify the following facts to the individuals in question. Moreover, in the absence of legitimate grounds pursuant to laws, ordinances or other requirements, the Company shall only use personal information to the extent for which the consent of the individuals in question has been obtained.
- Purposes of use.
- In the event of plans to supply personal information to third parties, notice of the said purpose, items to be supplied, recipients (including the purport of any binding contractual terms) and methods of supply.
- Upon entrusting personal information to third parties, notice to that effect.
- The fact that disclosure of personal information is at the full discretion of the individuals in question.
- The contact point for use by the individuals in question to confirm the personal information entrusted with the Company.
- In the absence of legitimate grounds pursuant to laws, ordinances or other requirements, the Company shall not engage in unauthorized supply to third parties of personal information entrusted from individuals.
- For personal information entrusted from individuals, in the event of the desire of the individuals in question to confirm, make corrections in or delete the said personal information, the Company shall respond to such requests to the most reasonable extent possible.
It is hereby requested that any inquiries concerning the TDK personal information protection policy and other aspects of the protection of personal information be directed to the Information Security Office
Enacted: August 10, 2004
Revised: April 15, 2016
President & CEO
Handling of Personal Information on TDK Websites
- 1.Scope of Application
- 2.Purposes of Collecting Personal Information
- 3.Purposes of Collecting other Information
- 4.Shared Use of Personal Information
- 5.Cross-border Shared Use of Personal Information
- 6.Third-Party Service Provider
- 7.Provision of Information
- 9.Security and Accuracy of Information
- 10.Arbitrary Provision of Personal Information
- 11.Personal Information about Children
1. Scope of Application
2. Purposes of Collecting Personal Information
The Company may, under different circumstances, request a customer to supply personal information. With respect to collecting personal information, the Company shall announce the purposes thereof and if a customer agrees to supply personal information, the Company shall collect and use it. In the event there is a change to such purposes, the Company shall announce such change in advance and, if a customer agrees to it, the Company shall use his/her personal information.
Purposes of collecting personal information handled on the Website are as follows:
Responding to Inquiries and Requests (providing responses, sending materials and samples, etc.)
The Company shall use information supplied by a customer for the purposes of responding to inquiries and requests received, including providing response to inquiries and sending materials and samples, etc.)
Notification by Email
The Company shall use information supplied by a customer for the purposes of providing notification of products, events, seminars, exhibitions, competitions, and campaigns, etc. to a customer who has requested to delivery to by email.
The Company may use personal information supplied by a customer for the purpose of personalizing the Website to suit a customer, including providing information suited for a customer's interests on the Website and facilitating navigation on the Website
The Company may analyze personal information supplied by a customer, in combination with a customer's use history of the Website, email opening confirmation, and other information and then use it in marketing activities for better understanding the customer’s needs. This may include information about a customer the Company collects from a third-party service provider indirectly. Consequently, the Company may inform a customer of information that relates closely to his/her interest on the Website or other companies' websites, or by email, telephone, or other means.
PC and Mobile Application Software
The Company may offer PC and mobile application software for the purposes of providing specific services and functions. In the event a customer downloads or uses a TDK application software, the Company may use personal information supplied by a customer through such application software or firmware, etc. for the purposes of realizing services and functions a customer requests. A specific TDK application software may create a crash report (This may include IP address, language and originating country of a customer's device.), using software which a third party develops so that TDK could remedy and resolve software problems.
Promotional Campaigns and Questionnaires
The Company may conduct promotional campaigns and questionnaires for the purpose of ensuring that a customer deeply understands the Company's services and activities or obtaining a customer's comments. The Company may use personal information supplied by a customer for the purpose of giving notice and sending giveaways.
Communication between the Customers
In the event a customer uses a function which notifies his/her friend or colleague of a specified website by email, he/she is required to enter the name and email address of a recipient. The Company shall use such information only for the purpose of sending an email about the sharing the website specified by a customer only one time and shall not use it for any other purpose.
The Company may use personal information supplied by a customer for the purposes of providing job applicants (including internships) with notification and information.
3. Purposes of Collecting Other Information
Analysis of the Website
The Company collects information, including the source, destination, and IP address of the browser, operating system and website a customer is using, for the purpose of continuously improving the Website and services.
4. Shared Use of Personal Information
In the event that the Company deems appropriate, there may be occasions of shared use of personal information with the Company's subsidiaries and affiliates. In this case, the Company shall assume the obligations for proper management of personal information about its customers.
5. Cross-border Shared Use of Personal Information
6. Third-Party Service Provider
The Company may outsource the forwarding of materials, samples, and presents to customers and administering of campaigns to a third-party service provider. The Company may also use on-line tools offered by a third-party service provider, for the purposes of marketing activities, analyzing websites, sending email and on-line advertisements, etc. In this case, the Company shall assume the obligation for properly managing personal information about its customers.
7. Provision of Information
The Company shall not provide personal information on a customer to any third party except in cases where:
- The Company obtains such customer's consent;
- It is requested by laws and regulations;
- It is necessary for the protection of human life, body, or property, and it is difficult to obtain such customer's consent;
- The Company outsources the handling of personal information, in whole or in part, to the utmost extent necessary to accomplish the intended use;
- The Company provides personal information in connection with business succession resulting from merger and acquisition, etc.; and,
- It is necessary for the Company to cooperate with any governmental authorities or local public authorities or persons who undertake services consigned by such authorities perform the duties stipulated in applicable laws and regulations, and such customer's consent would interfere with the performance of such duties.
“Cookies” are small files, usually composed of alphabets and numbers, stored on a customer’s computer when he/she browses a website by computer, tablet PC, or cellular phone, etc. Cookies are used widely by administrators of websites for the purposes of normal operation and for improving the efficiency of websites, and obtaining analytical information.
Types of Cookies
Session Cookies and Persistent Cookies
Cookies are usually classified into session Cookies and persistent Cookies, according to the system by which information is stored.
Session Cookies are used to ensure that a customer can use functions and refer to information on a website in an efficient way. For example, they ensure that a customer is not required to enter the same information repeatedly while using the Website. They are stored in temporary memory and are deleted when the web browser is closed.
Persistent Cookies are written on the hard disk of the customer's device and accordingly are not deleted even if the web browser is closed. The period Cookies are stored in the device differs depending on their nature. For example, they are used to save a setting that ensures a customer can use the same language when he/she visits next time and to record the number of visits to websites.
1st Party Cookies and 3rd Party Cookies
“1st Party Cookies” means Cookies the Website issues while a customer visits it. “3rd Party Cookies” means Cookies a third-party service provider issues while a customer visits the Website. The Company uses 3rd Party Cookies to ensure it delivers analysis tools and advertisements that are closely related to the customer.
Cookies used on the Website
Cookies used on the Website are as follows:
Essential Cookies: These Cookies are necessary to ensure that a website operates properly. These Cookies enable free movement within a website and to use its functions. If you change the setting and make a cookie function inoperable, a website may not operate properly and you may not be able to use some or all of the functions and services offered thereon. On the Website, they are used in order to offer functions including log-in services.
Analysis Cookies:These Cookies are used to analyze users' activities on a website and to improve and optimize it. On the Website, upon recognizing visitors, data, including number of visitors, number of visits, website from which visitor originates, and pages visitor accesses, is collected on an anonymous basis.
Functionality Cookies: These Cookies are used to recognize users and to provide the most suitable information for them. On the Website, content is personalized to ensure the most suitable information is provided for each customer by recording log-in information.
Advertising Cookies:These Cookies are intended to record on-line activities, including websites users visit, pages users view, and links and advertisements users click. In the event that a customer views a page on the Website, the Company may, in collaboration with a third-party service provider, deliver on-line advertisements that are closely related to his/her interests, including delivering, on other websites, advertisements for products he/she references on such page, and similar products and services.
Management of Cookies
In most browsers, it is possible to make a setting to notify receipt when Cookies are sent, that is, to select whether or not to receive Cookies. It is usually possible to make a setting to render the cookie function inoperable. Even if you make a cookie function inoperable, you may use the Website, but you may not be able to use many of the functions offered on it. It is recommended that you use the Website while making the cookie function operable
On some browsers, a “do not track” function can be used, but it is not available on the Website now.
9. Security and Accuracy of Information
Every effort is made on the Website to ensure that the accuracy of personal information about customers is maintained as well as protected. The Company takes all physical, managerial, and technical measures to protect personal information about a customer in an appropriate manner. For example, in the event that personal information is transmitted on the Internet, such information is encrypted.
10. Arbitrary Provision of Personal Information
The Company may use personal information supplied by a customer for the purposes of providing responses to inquiries and requests received, optimizing the Website to suit a customer, offering suitable support for a customer, and providing additional information about products and services. Even if you do not supply personal information, you may use the Website, but you may not be able to use many of the functions offered on it.
11. Personal Information about Children
Most of the Website is not intended for or designed for children aged 13 and under. The Company does not intentionally collect information from children aged 13 and under, but materials targeted at them may be included. If a parent or guardian wishes to confirm or delete personal information about children, please inform our contact on the handling of personal information.
For inquiries on the handling of personal information on the TDK Website, please contact the following.
- 3-9-1 Shibaura, Minato-ku, Tokyo
- Postal/Zip code: 108-0023 Japan
- TDK Corporation
- Information Security Committee